Digital Fabrication lab Capabilities
- Laser cutters for making 3D structures from 2D designs, supporting different materials (Acrylic, wood, plastic, foam, cardboard, paper, ...etc.) and can produce precise, intricate, and complex parts without the need for custom-designed tooling.
- Precise and high accuracy CNC milling machines for all milling and engraving machining for a wide range of materials such as metal, plastic, glass, and wood, and producing a variety of custom-designed parts and products.
- CNC Router for cutting and engraving a wide range of materials like wood, acrylic, foam, and aluminum.
- Plasma Cutter for cutting mild steel and aluminum sheets.
- Vinyl Cutter is used for making shapes from solid color vinyl pieces then the vinyl can be stuck on a variety of surfaces like Laptops, Doors, T-shirts…. etc. Also used for making flexible circuit boards for wearables.
- 3D printers are used for rapid prototyping and making almost any 3D object, dealing with a variety of materials such as PLA, ABS, PETG, Resin, and more.
- Building 3D structures/objects from 2D design wrapped with open-source H/W for mockups of products or product packaging & housing with high accuracy.
- Digital fabrication for 2D or 3D objects supporting different materials (Plastic, Wood, Aluminum, Rubber, Vinyl, Copper, Solid Surfaces, Acrylic, Steel, etc.)
- Making molds for casting Healthcare applications Implications in biomedical engineering Industrial applications High accuracy and specialist parts in machines, cars, planes, defense Customized manufacture products/components integrated into the production line and supply chain.